The house and building we live in provide us security and save us from bad weather conditions but in result, those weather conditions also affect the building and its materials. If we live near a sea side and there is a lot of dampness in the atmosphere, it will affect the building we live in and cause seepage on the walls and floors. Same like that, the rain, snow fall and direct sunlight affect the paint of a building both internal and external. This is the reason that no matter how much money we spend on the paint job, it starts peeling off after a while or starts looking old after a few rainfalls. There is no danger to a building if its paint is damaged or peeled off, but it just looks bad and makes the whole building look ugly. Also there are some paints available that block the sunlight and keep the building cooler than the outside atmosphere and when that paint is damaged, we have to spend more on the air-conditioning.
To repaint a building or a residential place, we hire professional painters who repair or redone the whole painting job for the building. There are hundreds of paint contractors in the market and there prices vary according to the services they are providing and the techniques they implement. Before you hire a random contractor for the paint job in your house, you should conduct a little survey in the market. In this survey, you visit number of contractors and ask about the services they provide and the charges they require for each service. The document they provide you that contains all the pricing information is called a painting quote. This way when you get different quotes from all the contractors, you can compare which one suits you the best and which one has the cheaper rates. This way you can come up with better option.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Painting Quotation Template created using MS Word,
Here are the Guidelines to create a Painting Quotation:
- Every painting contractor has an official letterhead for this type of documentations and professional communication. You should print this quotation on the company letterhead.
- Start by providing the name of the person who is in charge of this job and pricing department and the mention the name of the client along with the date this quotation is being made.
- Then enlist all of your painting services along with a small description of each service so that it’s easily understandable for the customer.
- Then mention the completion time period for each type of service and the rules and regulations to complete the job on time.
- Provide charges for each kind of service on the list so that the customer can compare it to other contractors.
- If you are offering some kind of special discount for the client, add that at the end and make sure to mention that this concession is only valid for this particular customer.
- Approve it by the supervisor and ask him to sign the quote along with the date of validation.
Here is download link for this Painting Quotation Template,